Saturday, September 4, 2010

Ok folks it's upon us

I don't think you have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what my blog topic is this morning.  For a lot of us, the wait for this day started the day after the Alabama Crimson Tide defeated the Texas Longhorns this past February.  I'm in the city of Starkville, MS this morning in a buddy's apartment watching College Gameday as we speak.  I got up this morning and went to Hardee's to get a Bacon, Egg and Cheese biscuit and a copy of the Daily Journal.  Anyhow, this day isn't about me.  It's about the sport that so many of us love: College Football.  So without any further adieu, I give you my take on the subject.  On to Good, Bad and Ugly.
College Football
  1. Good: What is not to love about it.  It's buying a preseason magazine, it's texting friends your gameday plans, it's the car ride to your respective favorite team's town, it's the tailgate scene, it's checking the spread and getting ya bets in, the team walk through, it's the pregame video, it's the opening kickoff.  All these things are special to me.  I try to savor all of these moments.  It's just apart of the ride for me.  I love to win just as much as anyone, and I'll admit I do get mad when the Bulldogs lose, but I am trying to take more in then just the final outcome of the game.  I've watched so many good football games, and to me it's almost like nothing else is going on outside of the moments that make you think "Wow look at this". 
  2. Bad: Of course a few bad apples will ruin a good time for everybody.  You'll easily be able to point them out at a football game.  These people are why etiquitte rules are in place on how to act on gameday.  I won't elaborate anymore on this, but I will give a piece of advice.  If you can't act right then just stay at home.  Another talking point in this section that I can't stand is the bickering between rival fans.  I grew up a Mississippi State fan, but I have many close friends that are Ole Miss fans.  I've been in my fair share of arguments over this rivalry but, for the most part I just try to focus on loving my favorite team.  The bottom line worst situation is when someone who is a fan of the team you love, is uneducated on the subject and simply doesn't know what he's talking about when arguing with a rival fan.  This is why each team's fans always say the other school's fans are stupid.  Can't we all just get along and hate Alabama.
  3. Funny: I'm struggling to think of one specific thing that's funny to me about college football.  But one does come to mind.  I laugh a little inside when someone gets what they've got coming.  Whether it be a team that has bent the rules and gets beat, or an obnoxious drunk that gets taken out of a game for his/her behavior.
Link of the day: Even though he and I haven't seen eye to eye on music lately, Kenny Chesney hit the spot with this one.

So people, strap on your gameday gear or get comfortable on your couch and enjoy this day that so many have watied on.
Thanks for reading,
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment