Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Life goes in Cycles

The last month or so has seen some highs and lows for me, as well as my region, the country and the world.  I haven't blogged since Spring Break.  I'm so tired at the end of the school day that I don't fell like doing anything. I thank the lord that I only have 11 days until summer break starts.  However, I feel like being productive for more than 9 hours today.  The title of this blog is life goes in cycles.  I truly believe this.  In the past 7 weeks I have witnessed triumphs and tragedies.  MSU's baseball team have put themselves in position to have a shot at postseason play and I'm very excited about that.  Full time baseball season is heating up and it's my favorite to be involved in.(Go Braves and 49ers) I had a blast at Super Bulldog Weekend with friends.  I'm saving money, and doing well financially(for a school teacher).  I bought a new truck from my Dad and if you know me well, then you know how thankful I am to not have to fear for my life when I get in my car anymore.  I'm in the process of looking for a new house.  Things have been good for the most part.  But, when the Tornado ripped through the southern part of the country a few weeks ago and Bid Laden was killed, I was reminded of some old song lyrics. "You gotta take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got and remember what you had."  As I watched the President's address about the killing of Bin Laden, I was definitely in the majority.  I thought to myself "We Got Em".  It took me a minute to realize this was wrong of me.  While I do think of the families whose loved one's lives were taken by this man, I can't help but think killing altogether is not right and that's what brought Bin Laden's death all along.  Now, I'm not liberal enough to think that war is unnecessary but, how can killing someone ever be justified.  You'd have to criticize the first person to ever kill another person.  Off of that soapbox.  The tornadoes were tragic.  Plain and simple.  I'm sure the residents of Smithville and Tuscaloosa are saying why us?  I've said it before myself.  But you know who else said why us?  The people who are there to help get them back on there feet.  I'm not making light of the situation.  I can't say I know how they feel because I don't.  But there will be better days for those affected by the storms.  I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason and God allows them to happen.  I've been on the good side and bad side of many different situations that life brings.  God has been on my side through each of them.  I think we ask him for too much when times are tough and thank him too little when times are good.  That's our problem, we have free will, we have too many questions, when the answer is inside of us.  I consider myself a Christian and an American and I want to start reminding myself how strong and capable I am of doing anything and overcoming anything I put my heart and mind into.  There's so much give and take in this life and you only get one shot at it.  There will be peaks and valleys, highs and lows, fears and hopes.  But if you are faithful, hopeful and full of love you can enjoy your life and make life better for those around you. 

Thanks for reading,

McKinley

2 comments: