Monday, February 21, 2011

The Decision Maker

I should have written this blog at about 8 am.  However, I was in school today.  After all it is Presidents Day and it is a national holiday.  We decided to get ourselves snowed in a few weeks ago, and this was the penalty.  I don't mind much because I'd rather work now than during Spring Break or in June.  I don't know that I've ever celebrated this holiday and to be quite honest I don't know that I ever will.  How exactly do you celebrate Presidents Day?  If there is a consensus answer let me know so I can gear up for 2012.  So what I did was just think about Presidents past, present and even future.  I'm sort of a history fan(I don't like using the word buff here for some reason) so I've always tied Presidents with events in our country's past.  I looked at a few polls and most of them had about the same rankings.  Of course you could never give them a true ranking.  But most of them had George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, FDR(my favorite), Teddy Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan as the Top 5 Presidents.  I'd give you the list of bad ones, but I'm not one to judge them because I know that I couldn't do their job.  Besides, I think that the problems that each President had were mostly a by product of the previous President.  It makes sense considering how party politics are the toast of the town now.  If everyone didn't choose a party and we were all independent, then we'd all work as one and not pout when the other is in office.(personal pipedream)  But for the sake of my own personal rankings, I decided to do it by the decades I've been alive.  I don't remember the 80's very much so I'll just have to say that that was a 3 on a scale of 1 to 5.  The 90's were awesome.  Some of this could be attributed to me being in the thick of my childhood, but I can remember that it seemed most everyone was satisfied with the decade as a whole.  So I give the 90's a A+.  Thanks Bush Sr. and Clinton.  It's easy for me to critique the 2000's, because I've been an adult for most of it.  But I think it's pretty clear that the past 10 years, the country has been more divided than it has in a long time.  I hope for change in the next decade.  Well I'm tapped out on Presidents.
Hail to the Chief!

Thanks for reading,
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment