Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day

Easy blog topic today.  I've been at the ball field all weekend, and am really jacked that my Niners won our tournament.  Blogging has fallen to the way side, but I intend to come back strong.  On to Good, Bad and Funny.
Independence Day
  1. Good: I don't want to mimic my blog on Memorial Day but I can't help but think of some of the same things I did that day.  Of course on the 4th I think about all our soldiers and flags and what not.  But rarely do I ever think about 224 years ago when became an independent country.  Some of the good things that I think about on July 4th: Fireworks(I haven't been as big on them as I used to be but I used to love having bottle rocket wars with friends), Good Food(I have enjoyed unreal food this weekend from bar-b-q to ribeye steak sandwiches...Carb fest), Baseball(already mentioned the tournament...the atmosphere was great today in a dramatic championship win), Friends and trips(I didn't get the chance to go to Pickwick or somewhere this year but I'm glad I did get to spend some time with close friends).  And for some reason I always stare at the flag more on the 4th and try to have deep thought...kinda weird but I always do it.
  2. Bad: I feel like the 4th of July is an over celebrated beer holiday.  I mean people naturally get drunk on the weekends but they'll say stuff like "Dude, 4th weekend I'm not gonna have a liver come Monday".  I get it but you don't have to get super wasted to enjoy the 4th.
  3. Funny: There's always that uber-American that you run into that gives you a history lesson on the 4th when you are trying to get out of the conversation.  He'll have on an American Flag tshirt
Link of the Day: My boy J. Koon knows where this is going.....OUR JAM usually every  4th weekend at some point

Thanks for reading and God Bless America,
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment