Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Struggles

I've been really lazy blogger lately.  It's no surprise as to why this his happened.  I'm currently not in sync right now.  The main reason I started this blog was to help me gain structure in my everyday life.  When I'm up and blogging early in the morning, usually that's when I have the best structure.  The past week or so, I've been blogging at late hours, making poor eating decisions, sleeping late, not cleaning my car or house and just in general have been lazy.  In my aim to change that, I've got to get better at prioritizing.  Step one to re-righting that ship is by continuing to blog and early in the morning.  It's the first thing I do when I wake up, when I have good structure so I need to get back to that place.  Thinking of all this inspired me today to do a blog on Struggles.  On to Good, Bad and Funny.
Struggles
  1. Good: I think to reach your peak in anything you do, you have to struggle at some point.  Old cliches tell us that life isn't easy and I believe this.  
  2. Bad: I kind of think of struggling as all of your responsibilities becoming difficult to handle at once.(Like all the stuff I mentioned above.)  The biggest struggle I'm having right now is thinking of a lineup for tonight's game between the Tupelo 49ers and Pontotoc Red Sox.  Our Head Coach, Kirk Presley, has decided to take a vacation with his family and I'm completely ok with that because he never gets a chance to.  The thing that makes that a problem is the fact that I'll be thrust into my first ever head coaching job.(Our other assistant G.T. McCullough won't be there either)  Even if it's just for one night, I don't want to dissapoint.  If there is anyone that I need to prove myself to as a coach, it is me.  And tonight I'll get that opportunity.(Btw, for the record I'm really nervous)
  3. Funny: I find it funny how rappers always mention "The Struggle" in their music.  I mean I get the gist of it, but they are obviously not struggling if they are on a major music label making millions of dollars.
Link of the day: This was really neat to me.

Thanks for reading and wish me luck tonight,
McKinley

1 comment:

  1. Yo Mac's Cerebral Cortex,

    Blogging is hard work. I only do it once a week and I have not been good at doing that here lately. It is like anything else in life, it needs purpose. If your purpose changes then the blog timing needs to change and maybe even the format. Change is a part of life.

    I am sure you did fine with the line-up. I am curious to see how it went. You should make that your post for tomorrow so we can see what the good, bad, and funny of your choice was.

    ReplyDelete