Thursday, July 1, 2010

Women be Shopping

I've had a fairly eventful day.  I've worked out, ate good, seen Twilight(liked it alot....meant to tell my comrades that I think Alice looks just like Martina Mcbride), and won a Legion Baseball game.  When I got home, I walked in and was greeted by my mother that just got back from a 5 day trip to the coast with her town youth council.  I knew it would be coming eventually, but she immediately insisted that she show me the stuff she bought me at the outlet malls in Gulfport.  I was speechless when I was finished perusing through all the items.  I've said it before on a blog, and it remains true, my mother does 95% of my clothing shopping for me.  She didn't dissapoint today.  She bought me 13 shirts, 8 pairs of shorts and two pairs of shoes from places like Nike, Under Armour, Banana Republic and Clarks.  She has got pretty good taste too...not that I know what that is when it comes to clothing....but I know what I like to wear and if it's comfortable it's cool by me.  On to Good, Bad and Funny.
Shopping
  1. Good: Obviously we all shop at some point in our lives.  Most of us do it everyday.  It is essential unless you are Amish...and even they still go to Walmart for toilet paper and stuff.(I've got a tremendous amount of respect for those people due to their self dependence btw)  I think I am more of a looker than a shopper.  I don't mind going in the mall or an out of town mall just to see what they got.  I rarely buy anything, but if your bored it's a nice alternative to watching tv.
  2. Bad: I don't understand how people(mostly girls but I won't single them out because their of plenty of guys that do it) love shopping.  These people will plan a day around shopping.  I had to go to the grocery store for my mom not too long ago and use coupons at Kroger....it was an absolute nightmare.  I might be a slow shopper, but it took me 3 hours to shop off of a list that she made for me.  People really have to have whatever the newest trends are.  I could care less....I've dressed the same way my whole life for the most part and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon.  Just because Ashton Kutcher wears tobaggins in summertime doesn't mean that I am going to go out and get one.  I've worked at Reed's Outdoors in the mall, and during sales and holiday seasons, I think I'd rather be forced into watching 6 hours of Dora the Explorer with my niece than deal with anxious shoppers.
  3. Funny: I think it is funny how people tell themselves that they are getting a deal because something is on sale.  They'll say: "I saved 100$ on this 400$ pair of shoes.....Bargain! if I've ever seen one".....In reality, you still spent 300 dollars on a pair of shoes that some poor kid in India spent 3 weeks to make.  Instead of getting those shoes...donate the money to starving kids in India foundations.
Link of the day: Can't say I can come up with shopping link...Ebay I guess would be your best bet and I'm not going to go through the trouble of making a hyperlink for it.

Thanks for reading,
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment