Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saved by the Bell

Ok, I know my daily streak of blogging has been broken at 56.  I'm pretty upset about it...but on a good note it's the same streak as Joe Dimaggio's 56 game hitting streak and his career turned out ok so I'm fine with it.  I'd like to apologize to loyal readers(not that any of you are overly upset about it) for being late.  I've decided tonight that I'm gonna do a 2 for 1 special.  2 blogs in one day(at 1130pm to boot...yeah I know long weekend at the ball field)  With all that said, I'll start off tonight's first blog with the topic of being late.  On to Good, Bad and Funny.
Being Late
  1. Good: There are a few perks to being late.  If you are late to class in high school and you have a cool teacher, then he/she will make a funny comment about you being late and the class will get a laugh out of it.  Obviously, if your wife is pregnant then "being late" is a good thing, because in nine months she'll be having your child....hopefully your child.  I also like late at night times.  My dad always says the quote "Joy comes in the morning, and sorrow comes with the night" but I think it's just because only he and the people that do the paper route get up at 5 am everyday.
  2. Bad: I'm not a huge fan of being late on a personal level.  I'm usually the guy that tries to be at places 10 to 15 minutes early...at least if it's something mildly important to me...plus I haven't ever had a car that doesn't get sick ever so I usually give myself enough time so that someone could come and pick me up to take me where I need to be...sad I know.  Also, I don't like it when I'm doing a favor for someone and they consistently make me late for something.
  3. Funny: It's funny to me how some people are self conscious about being late to class.  I've had plenty of classes where that shy freshmen walks in during the middle of a lecture and the teacher stops teaching to make sure he/she embarrasses the person walking in late.  Also, just a funny side story: I had a first year English 3 teacher my junior year of high school(Mr. Mitch Turner I think) and he never took role...so to make a long story short I missed a bunch and Mrs. Donna in the Attendance Office called me to her office at the end of the year and said "Are you aware that you have missed your English 3 class or have been late 36 times this year?"  I said "Kinda"  Turns out I got an A in the class, and I'll never know why.
Link of the day: Not one sorry I gotta do another blog immediately after this.
Thanks for reading and go ahead and read the next one too,
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment