Wednesday, June 30, 2010

An apple a day will keep the doctor away....yeah right

Today has been for a lack of a better word...exhausting.  I got up had to do my daily chores while mom is gone, went to the doctor and pharmacy, went to eat, played 3 rounds of disc golf with my bffl's and worked out for a few hours.  I figured since the most important thing I had to remember to do today was go to the doctor, that I would blog on everythings doctors.  On to Good, Bad and Funny.
Doctors
  1. Good: You can learn alot from doctors.  I try to soak up info on myself and other illnesses when doctors talk about it because it helps me get better at Jeopardy and helps me know what I can and can't do.  My favorite doctor in the world is Dr. Frank Wilburn.  Yes, he's my pediatrician but I still have used him recently.  He is so down to earth and really cares about helping people feel better.  I know for doctors to be successful they have to be smart.  But in my opinion they also have to be human.  For instance: If you want to be in the medical field and havent seen this movie , you definitely need to.  I'm a proud owner.  Definitely see John Q too.  Wow tear-j's in both.
  2. Bad: Some doctors don't have the time of day for the patient's feelings just the illness.  Don't be a doctor to make a lot of money.  Theres no passion in that.  To switch gears a bit, I don't particularly like being at the doctors office.  Today for instance, I had bloodwork done for my gout(which was awful because the woman couldn't find my veins), I had to get 4 prescriptions filled(nightmare at the pharmacy) and had to wait behind some guy that had a bag for his foot to drain into while I was checking out.  It just takes forever.  Thank god for my HTC Hero.
  3. Funny: I think it is funny when the nurse at the doctors office tries to get into your personal life before the doc gets in when shes checking your vitals.  This happened to me today.  She asked me everything but what my 3rd grade teachers name was this morning.
Link of the day: Got a medical problem and can't afford to see a doc....Diagnose yourself...but if you can't then just go to the doctor
Thanks for reading
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment