Thursday, June 10, 2010

Man I Got that Swag......

Short and Sweet today.  I had about 10 different blog topics in my head this morning, but I just couldn't decide on one so I just continued on with my day and assumed I'd decide on one.  Well, turns out I didn't decide on any of the ones I was thinking of earlier.  I'm doing today's blog on swagger.  I chose this because it is my body wash brand right now.  I really like the smell of it and I don't care if you disagree, it makes me feel like I have more swagger because of the way it smells(Here is a printable coupon for a free sample).  However, this blog is about swagger, not body wash.  Let me say that before I looked it up(5 minutes ago), I didn't really know how to define swagger.  I mean I always have kind of understood it, but I never really got the true meaning of it.  The way I interpreted it from several google search definitions is it's A)How one presents him or herself to the world B) How a person handles a sitiuation C) A unique style that seperates one person from large conglomerate of people and D) To walk or conduct oneself with an insolent or arrogant air; strut.  That's out of the way so let me give you my interpretation of swagger in Good, Bad and Funny.
Swagger
  1. Good: I think swagger is only good to have when you are not trying to impress, as weird as that sounds.  For instance: Accidentally saying something funny to a group of people.  They probably think you are hilarious, but in reality you just got lucky with a timely joke.  This is like a quick moment where you blackout and get your swagger.  You act coy like you say funny things all the time.  Also I think swagger is positively related to sports.  Example: A point guard slapping the floor after his team is on a 7-0 run to cut an 8 point deficit to just 1 point. Its cool how one of the above definitions says "arrogant" in it.  Because in sports, you have to flirt the line between confident and cocky to be successful at the highest level, in my opinion.  Note this doesn't mean having a correographed dance after a touchdown catch.(I can't stand that)
  2. Bad: Some people are too concerned with having swagger.  Example:  Theres no need to be dressed like this just to go to school or a small get together.  If you're not enough without the swagger, you'll never be enough with it...is the point I'm trying to get across.
  3. Funny: The funniest thing to me about swagger is how commonly the term is used now(mostly by rappers).  I mean seriously, do you ever remember saying the word swagger before at least 2002?
Link of the day: Here is a link for tips on gaining swagger from P.Diddy's assistant....haha read the comments

Thanks for reading
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment