Monday, June 7, 2010

Hahahahaha

Todays blog(Once again, really late) Comedy Movies.  I think this is going to inspire me to do tomorrows blog on being late.  Anyway, I'm doing it on comedies to continue movie blogging.  A few of my favorite comedies: Anything that Judd Apatow has directed or has had a hand in(Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin, movies with those guys that are in all of the same ones like Rogen/Segel/Hill/Rudd etc...), Role Models, Tommy Boy(You can get a good look at your butcher..), Black Sheep(Farley again), Van Wilder.  On to Good, Bad and Funny
Comedies
  1. Good:  Lets face it people, laughter is the best medicine.  It won't cure aids but it will definitely make you feel better.  I have a great collection of comedies listed from above.  A great thing about comedies is that they are more than likely the only genre of movies that will literally make you pee on yourself.  In my opinion, the best types of comedies are ones that don't hold anything back as far as being decent enough for the audience.  Comedies that are realistic as possible really make me laugh.  For example: I went to see I Love You Man with my boy Jon Jon.  We were the only 2 in the theater, and swore up and down to each other that how they acted in the movie is seriously how we sometimes act in real life.
  2. Bad:  I don't like comedies where stuff that is very unrealistic happens.  For instance: I think The Hangover and Wedding Crashers are funny movies, but I think they are more quotable than they actually are funny.  Don't misconstrue this is me not liking these two movies but seriously, the stuff that happens in those movies could never happen.  Which makes them funny for the first few years after they come out, but they fade as time passes.  The comedies I hate the most are the ones that are(for a lack of a better word) "stupid" funny.  People say man it's so stupid it's funny.  I would put movies like Napoleon Dynamite, Tropic Thunder, any Ben Stiller movie(theres a few that are ok) and all those remedy type movies(like Not Another Teen Movie) in this category.  Once again people quote them religiously, but to me it's just not that funny.
  3. Funny:  Kind of strange look I'm gonna put on the funny section of my blog today.  The funniest thing about comedies is when you make a movie a comedy that is not intended to be that way.  This applies to most movies that were made in the 80s and 90s.  If you watch them now there are so many things that you can find that are hilarious and so cheesy that its funny.  Example: Watch this.  Make sure you pay attention to the 2:23 and 2:57 marks of the video.  Great comedy meant to be serious.  Honestly, if you watch this whole video and don't laugh, then you and I do not share the same humor and I would probably consider you dull.(just kidding my dad has watched it and he didn't laugh.)
Link of the day: No Link today
Once again sorry so late and Thanks for reading,
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment