Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Can I get some more water?

After a lovely breakfast this morning at Cracker Barrel(This might be a favorite restaurant of mine), I have decided to do today's blog on waiters/waitresses.  On to Good, Bad and Funny
Waiters/Waitresses
  1. Good: I have never been a waiter in my life, but I do understand that it is a more difficult job than most realize.  You are solely in charge of making sure someone's dining experience is satisfactory.  I would say that it would be hard to imagine eating at a restaurant without table service but I can't because of buffets.  A good waiter/waitress(IMO) is one that just makes sure your glasses stay filled and is polite.  Pretty simple, but I'm not gonna ask the world of one of them.  They are the ones that always get the blame no matter how demanding the customer is, how busy they are or how bad the kitchen screws up an order.(Definitely don't do this act like this customer at a restaurant....don't watch this if you have a weak stomach)  I'm usually a 18% to 20% tipper everywhere.
  2. Bad: A bad waiter/waitress to me, is one that has no interest in being at work and takes out their emotions on customers.  90% of the time you can tell by the look on their faces how your service is going to be.  Another thing that I don't understand is when they say "is this going to be together or seperate".  You normally say can you split it up or divide the appetizer between all of us.  They can every time(I think), but they either give you a look like "really?" or say "I'll try".
  3. Funny: The funniest thing to me is how a waiter/waitress tries to become apart of your dining experience.  You get the feeling that they want to sit down and hang out with you instead of serving you food.  I've got a prime example that happened just this morning.  This guy(god bless him he was just trying to make it.....he works from 7-3 and takes class at night so I really respect that.) this morning really just wouldn't quit making my breakfast about him.  He told us about his biology test he had to take later, his diet(usually sushi, fish or other red meat), the drink he mixes when he gets off work(I think he called it a Summer Sunset and said he made it up...it sounded disgusting) and in general just wouldn't leave me and my comrade alone to eat our breakfast.  Maybe he needs a friend and hopefully we were a bright spot on his shift but, was a to go orange juice and lemonade necessary after we'd already told him we didn't want it.  
Link of the day: This movie is so hilarious...and underrated

Thanks for reading
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment