Saturday, June 12, 2010

Talent

I woke up this morning to a surprisingly solid breakfast at the Comfort Inn in Dyersburg, TN.(Belgian Waffle Maker = Me Smiling)  Anyway, I'm watching the World Cup right now before we go to our 11am game and I am getting an opportunity to see the consensus best player(on talent alone...Lionel Messi) in the world play this morning.  This made me think up a blog topic: Talent.  Everyone has one.  Some of mine(not trying to boast, we should all be proud of ourselves for something): surprising athleticism, singing so I've heard(but I think it's more that I can sound like artists....I do enjoy the sound of my own voice singing though), Wheel of Fortune/Mystery Phraze(Same game) puzzle solving(me and my boy Koon will wreck a top score machine with just a few bucks), educating youngsters(whether it be for teaching or coaching, I have alot of confidence in myself to be really good at this) and as of the last two years cooking.(I'm still not that good, but I'm so proud of the gravy I made the other night out of leftover grease, flour, water and garlic.)  On to Good, Bad and Ugly.
Talent
  1. Good: Like I said earlier, all of us are talented in someway whether we know it or not.  I highly recommend finding your talent(if it's hidden) and having confidence about sharing it with others.  As it relates to sports, fanatics love watching games and a lot of it has to do with player talent.  I love watching Lebron go off, or an awesome musical performance. 
  2. Bad: Talent can get to peoples heads and prevent them from working hard towards reaching their goals.  I can't imagine how many professional athletes use drugs and just go through the motions day in and day out.  These people think they are so talented that they can just show up and play at the highest level.  This is why its so fun to root for underdogs, because 95% percent of the time they know that they have to work harder to best their opponent.  Also I would just like to say that agents of celebrities are obviously misleading them about their talent, because in my opinion, too many actors and musicians get a lot of roles for movies and record deals when they are not very talented(i.e. Matthew McConaughy, Keanu Reeves, Nicolas Cage, Nickleback, Hinder)  There agents are obviously just interested in making money.
  3. Funny: It's really funny to me how people on American Idol really think they can sing only for the world to find out at their audition that they can't.  Their excuse when they don't make the cut to Hollywood: "Everyone I know back home tells me I can sing"  "I know I can sing, you people don't know nothing about good music"  I also love when someone's talent is impersonations or making strange sounds.(I swear my buddy Bucky can sound just like a hoot owl...coolest thing ever)  Oh and by the way I found this out(even though it's not a talent) from my 10th grade A & P teacher Eddie McCaskill that there is no such thing as being double jointed...so if someone tells you that you can tell them.  Don't steal their thunder though.  Tell them it's cool that they are that flexible.
Link of the day: oh yeah here's that guy I was mentioning in my first paragraph....he's really really good
Thanks for reading
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment