Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dissapointment

It didn't take a lot of thinking to come up with a blog topic for today.  I'll just explain what happened to me last night.  As you know probably know right now I'm a big competitor and my church's team played for the Tupelo Mayors Cup trophy last night.  I really wanted to win this because our team has yet to accomplish this yet.  Anyway, we played Auburn Baptist Church in the winners bracket final and won 15-3.  This put us in the catbirds seat to win it all at 8.  Well, I found out that we had to be beaten just once in the championship game instead of twice....which I thought sucked because it was supposed to be a double elimination tournament and we didn't get rewarded for winning 3 straight games.  To further add to this, Auburn beat us in the Championship game 16-4.  To futher add to that, they used an illegal bat in the first inning, where they scored 12 of their 16 runs.  The bat was taken out and they couldn't use it anymore.  So after the game, I had to go to the press box to protest the illegal bat and try to get a forfeit win.  This tugged at me pretty bad, because I found out that one of our players used an illegal bat in the first game when we beat Auburn.  Now I'm in a tight spot, because between all the drama(players cussing each other, people yelling) that went down last night I don't know that I want any part of it anymore.  I'll probably protest tomorrow morning because I don't want my team to be mad at me, but I think we all lost something in this fiasco.  We forgot that we were playing in a Church Softball game and that we should have been representing our respected churches and Jesus himself instead of just trying to win.  I think I learned a great lesson in defeat last night and I really grew as a person, but to say I'm not dissapointed would be a lie.  On to Good, Bad and Funny.
Dissapointment
  1. Good: Like I previously said, I learned something last night even though I was unhappy with it's result.  Even though it's cliche the quote that "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" is true in my opinion.  I am a much better person today than I have ever been.  Some of that comes with maturity, but if I have to give credit to dissapointments in my life.  Remember, when you are at your lowest, the only you can go is up.
  2. Bad: Obviously no one likes to be down and out.  The immediate feeling of a dissapointment sucks.  I can't help but think of this guy.  I don't have any advice for people that are dissapointment, except for let God do his work and stay the course, good things are bound to happen to you.
  3. Funny: The funniest thing to me about dissapointment is what is on the radio when you get in your car after a dissapointment.  It seems like all radio stations are in cahoots to play a completely saddening song.  For instance: If you just break up with your girlfriend, you don't want to hear Rascal Flatts "What Hurts the Most" on your way home. 
Link: This is great....this and other stuff like this chokes me up

Thanks for reading,
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment