Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Today is gonna be a good day.

Todays blog is about optimism.  I thought about this because I just got off the phone with my mechanic and he said there are still a few problems with my oil leaking, but that everything is fixable and it won't cost much.(I actually wish you could of heard the dialect and tone he spoke to me in(hilarious).  This is a far cry from where I was a week ago.  I didn't know the future of my 96' Blazers life and I thought I would be driving one of my dads beat up vehicles for a long time, until I could afford to buy a decent one.  The point here is, I remained optimistic that my car would be ok and it looks like that optimism has worked out for me.  I heard quote in a movie(Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle surprisingly) once that really has always stood out to me about optimism. And it is "The World tends to unfold as it should".  I interpret this as Every thing is gonna be alright.  On to Good, Bad and Funny.
Optimism
  1. Good: Optimism helps me stay on an even keel.  Without it, what can we hope for?  If you are always preparing for the worst, then you'll never be able to accept the best and your expectations will be too high.(I just made that up, so let me slide on my quoting abilities)  Theres no real way of knowing if optimism helps get through things but, imagine a friend with cancer.  Theres no way(in my opinion) to fight it without being optimistic.  Optimism is so helpful when you're down in the dumps.  Because when you've hit your lowest point, you have to tell yourself that there is no way to go but up.  We've all been through this.  This is why we should be thankful for the days in our lives that are positive, because there are always gonna be bad days.
  2. Bad: I'm gonna strictly dedicated the bad section of todays topic to weather.  When you are hopeful it doesn't rain it does, when farmers crops need rain..it doesn't.  Predicting and being hopeful of cooperating weather is a mystery to me.  Thankfully the man upstairs is in charge of this.  I can't imagine someone mortal being in charge of the weather.  
  3. Funny: Really tough to come up with something funny about optimism.  I know one thing I can think of though.  This past sunday I was at the wellness center and the person I was with and I both were in the most lethargic mood, that it was almost laughable when a moment presented itself to be optimistic.  But I guess we all have days like that.
Link of the Day: This song will brighten your day if nothing else will. Click Here

Thats it for today, Gotta Legion game to win and I'm optimistic that we will.
Thanks for reading
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment