Sunday, June 13, 2010

Structure

Today's blog will be about structure.  I thought about this because this morning and yesterday morning I realized the difference of how my life plays out when I've got structure and when I don't.  We have to check out of our hotel room by 11am so I'll make this short and sweet.  On to Good, Bad and Funny.
Structure
  1. Good: For someone like me, structure is they biggest factor of how I get things done.  I'm usually a big procastinator but as of today I have good structure.(It's evident in how early my blogs have been these last two days....morning posts instead of midnight)  If you've got structure, everything else will take care of itself.  For me to have perfect structure, I need to be asleep by midnight(difficult) and awake by 8am at the latest(not as difficult).  I need to eat 3 meals a day.  When I've got structure I eat much healthier.  I also scratch more things off of my to do list(I still have old to-do-lists in my wallet from 4 to 6 months ago)  Lastly, I'm generally more pleasant to be around when I've got structure(although I try to be pleasant at all times).
  2. Bad: Peer pressure can really screw up a good structure.  I need to become more strong willed in saying no to doing things that will screw up my structural routines such as: going out with friends when I really don't want to(this happens to me all the time...I'm not a big goer outer anyway.  I'd much rather just be at a low key get together...but it's fun occasionally.), eating at places that I know I can't eat healthy at(i.e. fast food), committing to an activity when I should be doing something productive(example: watching a ball game instead of working out or my newly found duty of gardening for my mother.)  When I've got structure, I can manage to do some of these things without really damaging my daily routine anyway.
  3. Funny: I'll explain a typical day of what happens in the bad section on say....a weekend in Starkville from this past semester.  Say it's Friday and I've eaten right all week and had good workouts and finished all homework for the week.  My plans are to maybe go see a movie, go to a State basketball game and clean my room for the weekend.(not exactly a daunting to do list).  Well I will get talked into going out on Friday, sleeping til almost gametime on Saturday forcing myself to grab something quick and unhealthy to eat before the game, being lazy after the game and not going to sleep til 3 am on Saturday, then doing kind of the same thing Sunday.  See for me, it only takes one friend saying...Dude come on lets go out.
Link of the day: Healthy Lifestyle choices and Good sleeping habits.

I hope you got something out of this if you read it
Thanks for reading
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment