Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Don't go in that room...He's in there.

I'm gonna go ahead and continue blogging about movies today and today's genre is not one I'm crazy about but here goes.  Today, I'm blogging on horror movies.  I'm gonna move on to Good, Bad and Funny because most of my material will fall into those categories.
Horror Movies
  1. Good: Like I said I'm not a big fan of most of these movies but I do like a few(most are really old and I'm also gonna include a few that just freak me out but aren't exactly scary), such as: Se7en(yeah I added the graphic...that movie really wigs me out plus its got 2 top notch actors in it), The Sixth Sense(no one saw that ending coming), The Ring(hands down freakiest movie I've ever seen, Even the trailer is creepy, check it out), The Shining(Jack Nicholson at his best), The Exorcism of Emily Rose(just downright evil), The Exorcist(probably the scariest movie I've ever seen).  I also got into the Saw movies but I thought they really dropped the ball with 3rd through 5th installments of the movie.  1 and 2 were awesome and 6(the last one) were really good.  I'm kinda ready for it to end with 7 though.
  2. Bad: It's easy to talk about how bad most horror flicks are.  For instance: I can give you the setting for 75% of horror movies that come out these days.  There is always a house out in the middle of nowhere and its either haunted and a new family moves in or there are people that crawl upside down on all fours and have 100 teeth.  I will never take a chance on a movie like Splice(which opens this weekend).  I have been led in the wrong direction before on movies I thought might be decent.  Example: The two worst movies I've ever seen are Wolf Creek(koon and I were almost cussing each other because we were so mad for sitting through that movie and we just wanted something to vent about) and Touristas(which my friend Tommy brought for a group of us to watch one afternoon...if I die two hours earlier than I'm supposed to, then I'll be mad that I watched that movie and thinking about what I could have done with that time)  Also don't go to the theater on opening night of a horror film...no offense to girls but they are obnoxious in horror movies.  They yell and talk throughout the entire movie at things that are not even that scary.
  3. Funny: A funny thing about horror movies is that you plan to watch them during the day.  I highly recommend this because if you are watching one of the ones in the good section of this blog at night, you will not be able to sleep.  Another funny thing about scary movies is how you jump or scream when no one else does and they all look at you like "Dang dude you ok?"  And of course Hocus Pocus is a funny horror movie...even though for kids...probably the only Bette Midler movie I've ever seen either way.
Link of the Day: Just maximize the screen on Youtube and watch all the way to the end. You might have to get real close to the screen to follow the ball.

Thanks for reading
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment