Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Reunited and it feels so good

Last night about 10 o'clock I got news from my oldest friend in the world that he would be in town for a few days.  Instead of staying in Starkville last night like I planned, I drove home immediately so that I could watch that stunning soccer game this morning.  We had so much world cup fever that we went to Dicks and I bought a replica ball and then we went to Ballard Park and acted like soccer superstars.  We were acting just like a bunch of 10 year olds.  Our day continued with a round and a half of disc golf.  Then we went to his house and hit foam golf balls for a while and his momma cooked for us.  I'm telling you....I had a bowl of peach cobbler with ice cream on it that I might talk about for years.  No one even really wants the peaches in cobbler.  We wound up watching that awesome College World Series game that TCU won.  We caught pieces of that half a day long tennis match.  No one will have to rock those 2 guys to sleep tonight.  It was just an all around good day that ended with us conversating in the living room with his parents.  No Good, Bad and Funny tonight because I really don't feel like blogging on reunions and there was no real concrete topic today.  Just wanted to tell a story.

Anyway thanks for reading and I'll bring the thunder tomorrow with an awesome topic(Don't hold me to that)
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment