Monday, June 21, 2010

Lowering your Ears

I'm am inspired by today's blog because in less than 2 hours, I'll look brand new.  Not totally but I am getting a haircut.  I'm pretty much know exactly what I'm gonna get done.....1 and 1/2 fade....just not army style.  I usually go to Central Barber Shop in Tupelo.  I'd say that they are responsible for 94% of the haircuts I've had in my lifetime.  Anyway on to Good, Bad and Funny.
Haircuts
  1. Good:  Like I said, I get my haircut at Central Barber Shop and there are many reasons why. They include: low prices, quality work, good conversation and good candy post-haircut.  Most of the guys in that particular barber shop and other barbershops across the country are pretty good guys.  You can talk about anything to them.(Well not anything but conversation is pretty open there.)  While I love getting my haircut by one of these guys, I did let a woman cut my hair for the first time(at least that I'd payed for) in my life.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  She really did a good job.  I really like the part where they wash your hair.  If I would have known she was gonna do that then I would just go let her wash my hair everyday for a couple of bucks. 
  2. Bad: A lot of the time, barbers and stylist take way too long to cut my hair.  Some people are ok with this but I get the same haircut every time I go.  It shouldn't take more than fifteen minutes to give me a fade.  Also, I know I bragged about the conversation at my barber shop but the dialogue at the salon I went to in Starkville was a bit too much for me.  I don't need to know who's daughter has been fooling around with the Judges son.  Also don't let a person that is nervous cut your hair.  I went with my mom once when I was younger and my right sideburn was 2 inches higher than my left.  Lastly, women most of you who are willing to pay upwards of 75$(I've heard up to 150-200$) for a haircut, look good enough to where most guys aren't worried about how your hair looks. 
  3. Funny: Most of the time, women are allowed in barbershops.  A lot of the time, they choose not to be there.  I understand the second option here because if you have ever been to Central Barber Shop 30 minutes or so before they close, the old men....let's just say let loose with their words.  It's hilarious to me and I'm not going to give an example but, if you need a haircut go up there about 4:45 and see if you don't walk out laughing.
Link of the Day: Two great haircut scenes from movies. Click Here and Here
Thanks for Reading
McKinley

1 comment:

  1. You should post a picture of your haircut so we can see what you are talking about and critique it. Even if I don't post a comment, I read most of your blogs. Glad you are writing.

    Keith

    ReplyDelete