Sunday, June 6, 2010

And the Award goes to....

Once again, really late on my blog.  I've got to get my sleep track back in order.  I'm gonna try to have tomorrows blog up in 12 hours from now....hopefully.  I decided just now to go ahead and knock out my movie blogs here in the next few days(Only 3 left).  Today I'm blogging about what I consider "great movies"  These are the movies that leave me at maximum emotion, whether it be in tears, shock, awe, happiness or whatever.  While I don't have a gun-to-my-head top 5.  There are some that I can't get out of my head when I think about great movies, and they are: The Shawshank Redemption(I just feel like I'm Andy Dufrene at the end of that movie), Forrest Gump(True southern classic...I'll love this movie til the day I die This score alone makes the movie unforgettable), Milo and Otis(Even though I hate cats, this is a true story of friendship), Avatar(Just because it is the most pleasing movie to the eye that I've ever watched), A Time to Kill(Justice is served in this movie), Miracle(So patriotic), Remember the Titans(Denzel at his best), Crash(I love the style that this movie is built in)....and way to many others to name.  Please fill me in if I've left one out that you know is my absolute jam.  On to Good, Bad and Funny.
Great Movies
  1. Good: While it's obvious that all great movies have to be good before they are great, I'll list a few things that are just good about them.  I personally like to see movies like this by myself.(It doesn't matter if it's in the theater or in my own home theater...like I have a home theater)  I don't mind seeing them with a big group but I feel like I get more out of it if I'm fully focused on nothing but the movie.  I love talking up great movies to other people.  I can honestly say I've never had anyone come up to me and say "man I didn't think that was as good as you did".(Although I'm sure some people are just being nice.)  Also I think only you can be the judge of a great movie.(hence why I like seeing them by myself) If you love it, then no one can tell you it's bad.
  2. Bad: There isn't much I can think of that is bad about a great movie.  I guess the only thing I can think of is when someone ruins the ending of one of your "can't wait to see" list movies.
  3. Funny: The only thing funny about a great movie is how I act after I see one.  If you catch me right after a great movie, you can expose me to the fullest.  My brain is all over the place and I'm very vulnerable to criticism. (For example: The movie Seven Pounds.  I saw this in the the theater with a fairly good size group of friends(5 or 6).  I won't ruin the movie for you but let's just say Cade Hoggard and Jared Koon got a kick(always get a kick) out of my reactions to the ending.  Hint: It involves trying to not look at anyone in the eye and moistening the collar of a tshirt.
Link of the day: All you need for movie links Click here

Thanks for reading,
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment