Tuesday, June 29, 2010

We are the champions...no I'm not a Gamecock

I had to wait to blog because of the College World Series game between South Carolina and UCLA.  To be quite honest I didn't even have a blog topic until it was over.  Tonight's blog is on championships.  I'm glad to say that I have been a part(whether it be as a team member or fan) of a lot of championships.  To win one, you have to have the right mix of skill, work ethic, luck and most of all passion.  I could go on with 9$ adjectives that describe championships, but I'm tired and have a gout doctor appointment in the morning so I'll just continue on with Good, Bad and Funny.
Championships
  1. Good: The feeling of winning a championship is indescribable.  It is pure bliss, kind of a warmth that your body feels when you take the first bite of hot peach cobbler with ice cream on it.(Ok..I guess I just described it)  The thing that I think is best about a championship, is for just one day(at least) you feel like no one is on your(or your teams) level.  You are the best and no one can tell you different.  
  2. Bad:  To me, there is nothing worse than a bandwagon fan after a championship.(Ok there are plenty worse things but you get the drift}  For instance: I would like to know the sales figures on Alabama Football apparel after they won the national championship in football last year.  I'm not just talking about people that live in Alabama, but people that I know personally that have never rooted for them all of the sudden are the biggest Crimson Tide fans ever.  Another thing, I don't like professional championships.  I swear I feel like half of these players that win them don't even care if they win or lose because they make so much money and have so much fame.  Besides the teams that win it all now, just buy the best players.  No offense to Phil Jackson, but I think Lee Stratton could have coached the Lakers to a NBA Title.  To take this a little further, I just noticed that UCLA ace pitcher Trevor Bauer was not even upset after his team just lost the National Championship(He was actually smiling and kidding around).  Because he was a first round draft pick and is probably about to be a millionaire, he could care less about his team losing.  I wonder how his teammates feel about that. 
  3. Funny: I think its funny watching the reactions to a team winning a championship.  I saw South Carolina's Nick Ebert doing some quite inappropriate things after they won tonight.  But they were funny nonetheless.
Link of the Day: I feel like I reference this alot but it gives me chills everytime I watch it....true underdog story

Thanks for reading
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment