Friday, June 25, 2010

Road Trips

Just a few hours ago I got back from Millington, TN from a baseball tournament.(I know I bashed the city of Dyersburg and now I have to say that Millington is just as bad.....I guess I'm just not a fan of the northwestern part of Tennessee.  However, I made it there and back safely in my newly repaired car.  I'm jacked about this because I have also made recent trips to Memphis and Starkville as well.  Anyhow, I am blogging about road trips today because it just seemed fitting.  On to Good, Bad and Funny.
Road Trips
  1. Good: I'm a huge fan of road trips.(especially when you are between the ages of 11-25...broad I know)  I think with road trips as anything else, the people you go with make the journey.  For instance: I loved going places with my parents when I was younger, like Disney World.  I thoroughly enjoyed high school road trips with my boys...unison singing in the car came at a premium.(Koon on the bass, me tenor, most everyone else melody...but we all chipped in to make a surprisingly good sound.)  I think the best road trip though, is the unexpected one.  Just in the past 8 months, I've been to Dallas twice, Nashville once and Tuscaloosa once....and all but one of those was on a whim.  My favorite trip this year: going to watch my boy Jon Jon in a long drive competition in Dallas...absolute blast.  
  2. Bad:  Obviously, going on a trip can be long and boring.  I vaguely remember going to see my Aunt Margaret when I was younger in the hills of Tennessee.....but I remember it.  I wanted no part of this trip but my parents made me go.  There was nothing to do at her house, it smelled funny, all there was to eat was ambrosia salad and other grown up food and there were no other kids on the trip.  Also, I think the whole saying of SB (enter year here) is kind of played out, so people quit saying it.  That's another thing.  Spring Break trips to the Florida Panhandle are so overrated.  Our part of the country needs a new hot spot travel destination.
  3. Funny: Road trips are where I've heard or seen some of the funniest things ever.  95% of it takes place in the vehicle, gas stations or fast food joints.  I could sit here all day and tell you some of the funny things that have happened to me on road trips...but it would literally take like 2 hours so I'll pass.  
Link of the day: Nadda, I'm a slacker the past 2 days here.....sorry...its not like anyone looks at these things anyway
Thanks for reading
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment