Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Did I make it?

Easy topic today.  I've been thinking about this one for a few weeks: Tryouts.(Coach Presley, Coach Hardy and I have been trying to put together an 18 man roster for about a month now.)  As an Assistant Coach for the Tupelo 49ers, I'm hardly ever as excited as I am on days like today.(It's been a great day all around, I also got my Praxis 2 scores and I passed.)  Today is the day when we pick our team for the summer.(I'd also like to welcome G.T. McCullough to our staff as a new coach.  We've been blessed with talent in the past(03' was unreal) and I expect this year to be no different.(Although we have some horses to replace in the pitching department.  On to Good, Bad and Funny.
Tryouts
  1. Good: At tryouts you get to meet new people that have a common bond with you before you even meet them.  Everyone there likes what they are trying out for, so conversation is easy.  Another great thing about a tryout is every person there has a chance to make it.
  2. Bad: There are a few bad things about tryouts.  For instance: There are always people trying out that that think they are more talented that they actually are.(Ex: American Idol Link)  The hardest part is explaining to to them that they weren't good enough to make it.  Then they normally try to discredit you as a judge of talent.
  3. Funny: If you haven't ever watched American Idol auditions and not laughed at some people then you don't watch tv much.(to stick with my theme from yesterday, I don't actually watch the show just terrible auditions on youtube that I hear about from friends...you almost caught me there readers.)  The funniest thing to me is listening to a parent of a kid that didn't make a team complain and tell why there kid should have made it. Example: "Well my son was throwing 94 during the middle of the high school season and also hit 16 homeruns to boot."  If you can hold back laughing then your best response to this is "well if he's that good someone will want him. matter of fact he'll probably get drafted into the big leagues".
Link of the Day: funny guy cheerleader tryouts
Thats all for today folks, Thanks for reading
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment