Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Tube!

I've had a long day.  Sorry so late.(I need to quit apologizing for posting late after all it's my blog...ok ok nevermind I'm sorry.  Nobody reads this late at night anyway)  So I was speeding home from a great dinner with Hunter Davis and Lee Norman(thx Hunter, grilled chicken was the bomb) at 7:50 central time with only ten minutes til LOST started(I got bluelighted for speeding) and I then found a topic for tonight: TV.(Special thanks to Kristen McClellan and Jared Koon for recapping for me even though I'm still lost..sorry for the cliche but it's true...I mean season 1 and 2 were the bomb then they started all the scientific crap...well I still am obsessed with it) I've got a bunch of favorite tv shows but I'd have to say my top 4 are Wheel of Fortune(dorky I know but me and there is not a better team than me and my mom on the planet..no exaggeration. If they just let us on the show we would go HAM on their puzzles), Jeopardy(dorky also but it keeps my mind sharp and I'm decent at it..I'm still waiting on the Mississippi State football greats category), Friday Night Lights(most underappreciated show of all time by the big networks) and Lost(Last mention I swear).  Heres a list of my favorite tv shows(Link Its really just my facebook profile)  On to Good, Bad and Funny.
TV
  1. Good: TV is for a lack of a 24$ word in this space: Awesome.  Thanks to John Baird and his work in London Labs in 1926 we all get to enjoy this essential life tool.( not really but kinda)  I love tv. The best thing about TV is that it kills time.  If you are bored, cut the tube on.(Hope kids don't read this because they need to play outside and exercise because of obesity rates are redonkulous these days)  It's amazing how much we've evolved with television.  I remember having to get up and change the channel when I was a kid(yeah we had a sorry tv) to now being able to pause live tv and watch movies on demand.  I plan on watching plenty this summer and I wanna start the Sopranos(my mom says its the best tv series of all time.)
  2. Bad: There is plenty of bad on TV.  For instance: Reality Tv.  For me I just don't see how it's appealing.  For those of you who are mad after just reading that, know this: Its all fake and scripted.  I've never watched a single episode of Real World or Challenge or whatever the rest of those shows are.  I have proof that these shows are fake if you need me to ruin them for you.(Just ask me)  Also TV sucks in that its all about sex appeal now.  I mean will anyone buy dove lotion if the commercial advertising it has a 300 pound woman with cellulite and spider veins lathering herself up.  Why not? hmmm....the product works the same on everybody) 
  3. Funny: There are plenty of funny things about TV.  Like, Sam Kline (my buddy will's dad) always muting the commercials cause they are stupid(although I like some), or fighting with your siblings over what TV show to watch: 90210 or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(Thank god for Full House, Fresh Prince and Saved by the Bell..corny I know but they always provided me and my sisters a happy medium), when your dad comes in and has no clue whats going on with a show your watching and tries to get into it, then says "ah the hell with this cut the news on".(You go to bed at 8 anyway dad, go watch it on another tv.)
Link of the Day: Speaking of the news, todays Link of the Day: is a montage of news bloopers (hysterical and pg13 rated for the most part) 
Other Link: Best tv site ever to catch up on shows

I'm tired but I'm gonna go try to watch tv and fall asleep(wont be in bed til 1 probably) so thanks for reading
Mckinley

1 comment:

  1. Agree about Friday Night Lights! Enjoying these things keep it up!

    ReplyDelete