Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mama

I've been looking forward to today's blog for about 3 or 4 days now.  This is the first one I am not doing impromptu.  It's mother's day as you know and I owe more than just a blog to my mother, but here goes.  My Mom is the best mother in the world.(I know its cliche sorry)  If you look up mother in the dictionary, her face and name is the only definition.  To make a weird comparison, when Lebron James does amazing things on a basketball court, people think, "wow he's the only guy I know that can do that".  This is the way i feel about my mother.  She goes beyond what other mothers can do.  She knows me better than me.  She can sense my senses.  A few things my mother does that go unnoticed that I should start thanking her for on the spot: She saves all bottles and paper cups for me to use as spitters, she has collected every Daily Journal sports page for me for the last 9 years, washes my clothes when I could do it on my own, picks up my medicines, gets me clothes from outlet malls when I don't ask(always something I like to boot), puts me above everything else, cooks when I've already eaten and says "well you can eat it tomorrow for lunch or a midnight snack", puts up with my procastination(swear I'll start working on yard sale stuff soon mom), doesn't ask me to do many chores, hardly ever misses an athletic event of mine(even if I'm not playing), gives me advice that I don't realize is good until I process it, helps me get into the tub when I've had broken bones and other physical ailments(without even looking), never wants gifts(would rather give), listens when I complain with no agenda, doesn't gossip, offers to pick me up (anywhere) if I've had too much to drink(last night), lets me win our arguments(rare) when she is always right, put up with foul language and activity when I used to have friends stay over(every weekend), gives me ten extra minutes to sleep when I ask her to come back upstairs to wake me up, wiped my butt when I was young, brings me hope when I feared for the worst, gives me light when I'm engulfed in darkness.  There are many things I can say about great mothers, and you to me Mom are such a one.  On to good, bad and funny.
Mothers
  1. Good: Mothers are your best friends.  Trust me.  If you don't have a good mother, then I will share mine with you.  She will not mind.  Don't be scared to talk to your mother about anything.  She'll be accepting no matter what.
  2. Bad: There is a downside to mothers that we all put up with because we love them.  Mothers worry which is what they are supposed to do.  Don't call me 4 times a day though.(I don't need to know that you had the best ambrosia salad on earth at Mrs. Lurleens house this afternoon) Also, don't beat your kids at Walmart ladies.  All this does is embarrass your child and prove that you are terrible at raising children.
  3. Funny: I love how mothers go crazy at your little league games. If you get struck out looking on strike three they'll yell from the top of their lungs "That was 3 feet outside Mr. Umpire". (Even though I really should have swung at the 2-2 offering from the pitcher that painted the outside corner for strike three..gah what was I thinking) 
Thats it for today.  Glawry Jean, you are a top notch mom(the best...screw the cliche) and I hope that other people have as good a mom as you've been to me. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!



Your hard-headed(sometimes immature) son,
Mac

P.S. Whats for Lunch today?

1 comment:

  1. LOVED IT!!! You're awesome as is our mother! We are a super lucky breed!!!! Thanks Mac you made me smile & remember some funny things that mom has done for all of her "grown" children!

    ReplyDelete