Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Lake House....Not the Movie

Todays Blog: A Day at the Lake.  I'm very fortunate to be able to blog today.(Thanks to Vandy Stubbs for inviting me to stay at his cabin and thanks to  George Curry...vandy stubbs wireless internet sharer at pickwick)  Never would I thought I would have gotten internet access at Pickwick Lake.  I'm blogging on a day at the lake because i'm at pickwick lake....obviously.  I really like coming up here.(I have to mooch off peoples cabins now because my grandfather sold his the year I was born....gee sure could have used a cabin to take friends to...thanks big big)  I"ve got a big juicy burger waiting on me so I'll continue on to Good, Bad and Funny.
A Day at the Lake

  1. Good: There are plenty of things that are great about the lake.  It's a chance to hang out with friends,(old and new) a chance to get some sun(not that I care about sun), a chance to listen to country music where it is fully accepted(I can't imagine anyone from Tishomingo County doesn't like country...let me say tish county to further prove my point.) a chance to get in the water and use primal instincts(It's not the swimming pool, so you can't see your limbs when you are swimming...this wouldn't be a big deal but I'm not a strong swimmer.) and most important a chance to let loose and have fun.(this is my last weekend free..for the most part...this summer due to legion baseball.  So I have took full advantage of it and really enjoyed myself)
  2. Bad:  There is plenty of bad at the lake.  It's so generic to listen to certain types of music at the lake.(I do it anyway because..well it's just what you do at Pickwick....you pull up to a random destination and for some reason you are bumping the new Lil Wayne track to get attention from other boats on the lake)  Also apparently people love showing there bodies off at pickwick lake.(I saw plenty of people today that for some reason had 8 packs and 7 tattoos.....this is perfectly fine but do you have to flex and be talking about the muscles on your shoulders while drinking beer with friends....come on.) 
  3. Funny: The funniest thing to me about being at the lake is the mindset you take on when you get there.(I'm guilty of this sometimes but I try my best to be myself at all times, but there is something about this place that makes you act a certain way.)  For instance: you become more country all of the sudden,(a guy you might know forever will act exceptionally more redneck on Pickwick Lake because for some odd reason it's more acceptable.)  You're also extra excited and saying things that would normally get you called out such as: "Dude we gotta get on the water...or...Dude you can't come to pickwick if you don't know how to drink."  These comments are the norm at a day on the lake.
Link of the Day: No link today.....I'm out of options here...I really want to get a burger before they are all gone.

Thanks for reading
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment