Saturday, May 15, 2010

Just Another American Saturday NIght

Today's blog: Saturdays.(I'm guess I'm gonna have to follow this up by blogging about every day of the week but I'm not gonna do it in order.)  This is by far my favorite day of the week.  I'd be willing to bet that at least 75% percent of the American workforce agrees with me.(Sorry Uncle John and other construction workers/farmers)  Unique things that make Saturday different from every other day of the week: College Football(is there anything better?  There are not many things I'd rather do than watch SEC football. A child was born when these two collided Tebow/Eric Berry), yard work(it sounds laborious, but I love it.  I mowed today for an hour and a half and I swear it seemed like there was a town wide ordinance in Plantersville, that said you had to mow your yard today.  Everyone I saw was doing yard work but, I bet I was the only one that was listening to Lisa Loeb's "Stay" though.), Cooking out(We had grilled chicken, sweet potatoes, boiled okra and green beans...Hello soul food!), Soccer Tournaments(when you're a kid at least.  Crunkest thing ever: looking at the brackets posted behind the concession stand after a game), Primetime television(Most major networks have a legit movie on. TNT has The Green Mile on right now and Tom Hanks is my boy so I need to hurry this up), Sleeping in(I don't do this much anymore but today I did..Ugh wine hangover), Going out for a night on the town(pretending to be able to dance and seeing people that you see everyday anyway).  On to Good, Bad and Funny.
Saturday
  1. Good: I don't know that there are many things to dislike about a Saturday.(Of course everyday is what you make it)  The Indianapolis Colt's Jeff Saturday is the best center in the NFL(my favorite player in the league...probably just because he has a beard and looks like he enjoys hearty meals and country music.Here's a picture of the champ) Just read the above paragraph to see what else I think is good about Saturdays.(First blog screw up that I just really don't want to go back and fix now...remember The Green Mile is on.)
  2. Bad: As weird as it sounds, Saturday can be really boring if you don't have anything to do.(Today, but I made the best of it)  Weather can really screw up a Saturday.  For instance: Your buddy is throwing a bbq because he and his wife just got a new house and they want to show it off to you and your old friends, but if it rains then they say they'll just have to reschedule it and you have to babysit that particular night.(This scenario has never happened to me..I don't even know why I typed it, but it sounds like it happens a lot.)  Another awful thing about a Saturday is that they always do College Exit tests on Saturday mornings.(Thank god for Shipley's Donuts and Gatorade or I might not have even made it to my Praxis test for Teachers a few weeks back..I'm lying I would have made it, but I'd rather hang dry wall than take a test on a Saturday morning...also probably a lie but you get the drift)
  3. Funny: A funny thing about Saturdays is how it's the only day of the week people have yard sales.(5k's apply here too, My mom does it all the time and doesn't realize that no one is going to buy my Chigago Cubs puffy ball that I won out of one of those machines with the claw at Walmart..especially not for more than a quarter) .  Another funny thing about Saturday's is how old people treat Saturday nights just like they would any other day.  For instance: One of the coolest things my mom can look forward to on a Saturday night is that she can watch the Law and Order rerun that she missed earlier in the week.
Link of the day: Because I wanted to tie in a link to my actual topic for today,  here's an awesome music video from Brad Paisley. Music Video It's a confusing song but I get it. 

That's all for today, thanks for reading
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment