Monday, May 17, 2010

Motivation

I was having trouble this morning getting motivated to do my blog.(For that matter waking up and going to are also tasks that I was and am having trouble getting motivated to do.)  Then it hit me, what a better day(Monday of all days) than today to to do a blog on motivation.  In general different things motivate all of us.  Usually, I get motivated when I have to get something done and haven't done it yet.  Losing also motivates me.(I'm probably 163-1 all-time in NFL Blitz 2001 on Nintendo 64..I want a rematch Haiwei)  On to Good, Bad and Funny
Motivation
  1. Good: There are 2 types of motivation-Intrinsic and Extrinsic.  Intrinsic is when you are motivated without external rewards.(For instance: I am intrinsically motivated to go work out today: because A) I want to get in shape to be healthier B) I had a 734 calorie breakfast)  Extrinsic is when you are motivated by outside influence or reward.(For instance: A mother who is working two jobs and guts out a double shift on her second to help pay for her kids education.)  Motivation makes you sharper in your preparation for short and long term goals that you want to accomplish.  True stories and pregame speeches are the biggest motivational factor for me.  Need an example: click here, here or here.
  2. Bad: Obviously you can be motivated by people around you to do stupid things.(Driving to Waffle House to get an All-Star Breakfast when you've had too much to drink, Stealing 150 different campaign signs and putting them into one friends yard..haha Poland)  Also money, fame, acceptance and success motivate some to do things they wouldn't otherwise do.(Example: People buying those Columbia fishing shirts or Chaco sandals just because everyone else has a pair.  And apparently if you are a girl and you don't have a pair of those short nike shorts in that are worn at all southern campuses then apparently you are the outcast.)
  3. Funny: I find it surprising and hilarious when someone tries to motivate you or a group of people and that person normally wouldn't be the outspoken one to step up and say something.(Its funny but it's also awesome.  Example: The quiet kid on your softball team who gets a big hit at a big moment and slides into 2nd base stands up and is beating on his chest.)  Lastly, when I'm trying to get motivated to go to sleep(if that's possible) and TBS or TNT puts "Mystic River" or "D2: Mighty Ducks" on at 1am how am I not supposed to watch it?(even though I've seen them a hundred times)  I also think these TV networks are in a scam with fast food restaurants that stay open late, because after all, what's better than a Big Bacon Classic/Dr. Pepper combo with "Shawshank Redemption" after Midnight?
Link of the day: Motivational story on E:60 Baseball players fall and triumph

Thats all today folks
Thanks for reading
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment