Saturday, May 22, 2010

Weird Sports

It's been a really long(but active and enjoyable day today.  I'm just now sitting down to blog because its the first time I've had a minute to do it.  Todays blog: Weird Sports.  Today, I played disc golf(4 over par...rusty), racquetball(won) and ping pong(went 2-3).(thanks lee, laura and hunter d....It woulda been really boring alone.)  I called this blog weird sports because they are not mainstream.(Disc golf hasn't been around but 20 or so years)  On to Good, Bad and Funny cause I am bout to watch Invictus with my fam then hit the sack and they are waiting on me to get through blogging.
Weird Sports
  1.  Good:  Weird Sports are sports like: dodgeball, ping pong, racquetball, water polo, ultimate frisbee kickball.  I like playing them because they are it requires less focus to play them and you can still be competitive and have a great time.(however I was humbled today in ping pong by my friend lee norman..he is sick)  It's also easier to get your daily exercise in by playing these sports.(we prolly walked a mile just playing disc golf)
  2. Bad: The bad thing about these sports is that they are not very known and are not advertised real well.  You've probably never seen disc golf on tv.  Also these sports can get really out of hand if you get out of hand with your competitiveness. Example: Click Here(me going ham in dodgeball)
  3. Funny: The funny thing about these sports is that normally the lesser the athletic the better the player.  This frustrates me because I pride my self on being unexpectedly athletic.  For instance:  I graduated high school with a couple some guys that were not the best athletes in the world but they would put it on your tail in Ultimate Frisbee(or for that matter probably any of the sports above).  These bad boys: The Zucchini Squashers.  They were by far the best Ultimate Frisbee team I've ever played against.  This is how I felt after they beat us in the playoffs in High School Intramurals.(except for the fruity stuff, they werent like that...but I was shocked just like Charlie Murphy)
Link of the Day:  Just watch this its sick

Thanks for reading
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment