Sunday, May 23, 2010

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's

If you follow me on twitter, you'll know that I had a great sleep last night by reading my tweet from earlier this morning.  With that in mind, I decided to do today's blog on sleeping.  I can't remember the last time I woke up the way I did this morning.  The pillows were all under my head(theres usually 2 between my knees), the fitted sheet was still covering the corners,(rarity) the flat sheet and comforter wasn't wrapped around my body like a toga,(they were still spread nicely across the bed) and I was flat on my back(normally i've got a leg off the bed, one intertwined with the covers and my head cocked strangely under a pillow.(If you're a friend of mine and ever stayed over at my house then you can attest to this)  I felt like this when I woke up.(It really is always cold in my house, don't come here if you are cold natured because my family always has fans on and the thermostat set to Denmark in February.  On to Good, Bad and Funny
Sleeping
  1. Good: I cherish my sleep.  My habits have gotten much better over the years.(Up until about 2 years ago, I was the guy that went to bed at 5am and woke up at 2pm and it was so unhealthy.)  Now I try to get in bed before midnight and be up before 8am.  This morning reminded me of why sleep is so great.  I'm so rejuvenated now and I am prepared for anything that comes my way today.  
  2. Bad: I'm not a big nap person.(I know they are great for some people)  I enjoy a nap, but I'm the type that if I get a nap(no matter if its 5 minutes or 2 hours long) then I can't go to sleep when its actually bedtime and I wind up watching a movie I've seen a hundred times or playing video games for 2 hours.  Another bad thing about sleeping, is if your mom wakes you up in the morning.(I know she's spoiling the crap out of me and I don't deserve it as cranky as I am in the morning)  There's just something about me being in my boxers and my mom waking me up.(guys you understand how uncomfortable this is)  Lastly, alarm clocks are awful.  I guess it's smart for alarm clock makers to make the most excruciating noises to wake you up, but I think scientists need to do experiments to make it more pleasant to wake up by alarm clocks.(That's probably not gonna happen unless there is something out there that does this and I don't know about it, just a pipe dream of mine)
  3. Funny: Snoring is funny to me if you get to sleep before the person that snores.(I've been told I make a smacking sound when I sleep.)  Clayton Meriweather and Jon Jon Hancock (this is what they sound like if not worse )are by far the worst two snorers that I've ever slept in the same room with.(Special mention to Thomas Flautt who sounds like he is under water when he is snoring.  I swear you can hear bubbles.)
Link of the day:  I was looking for a cool sleep link and this is what I found.  Really has no relevance to my topic but I couldn't think of a link so enjoy...I guess.
Thanks for reading and sweet dreams
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment