Wednesday, May 12, 2010

That Old Time Rock n Roll

I've found that I think more about my actual blog than I do topics for my blog.(If that makes any sense.)  Since I've already started blogging about music I might as well finish it this week.  So the next few days I'll talk about the rest of the genres as promised.  Today's Blog: Rock.  While it's not my favorite genre, I do appreciate it.  When I think about rock music I think of: riding shotgun with my dad listening to 99.9 the Fox(he'd always slap my hand if I tried to turn up the volumeI swear the knob in his 84' Dodge Ranger has not moved since I've been alive.  How he hears the music, I'll never know.) going to see Lynyrd Skynyrd/Allman Brothers Band in 2002 on Mud Island in Memphis, my boy tommy making me listen to Metallica when we were 8(he still makes me listen to them even though I only like some of their stuff, working construction and being the only guy there that doesn't know the lyrics to every Rolling Stones song that comes on the radio.(I learned them though). On to Good, Bad and Funny.
 Rock
  1. Good: There are many good things about rock music.  It makes you feel like no other music and probably is the most unique sounding of all genres. I feel like most of planet earths talented musicians played rock and roll back in the day.(Well at least guitarists)  I think from an innovative standpoint the coolest thing about rock music has been the dedication of video games to rock music.(Guitar Hero and Rock Band....Really wish I still had a band to play these games)
  2. Bad: The worst thing about Rock is Nickleback.(hands down)  This has band has single handedly ruined rock music. Seriously do any of their songs sound different? No. Do radio stations continue to bombard you with Nickleback songs?(yes, and also Rob Thomas.  I'll give you a dollar if you can listen to any of Tupelo's rock stations for an hour without hearing Nickleback or Rob Thomas.)  Whoever told Nickleback that there sound was good is a joke to the music industry.  So people please quit calling in to radio stations and requesting songs from Nickleback.  If you have to hear them then, make a cd with the same song on it for 13 straight tracks and you will pretty much get the full variety of their musical diversity.
  3. Funny: There is an awesome Chappelle's Show skit about white people dancing...just only to guitar, heres the clip.  I also love the movie School of Rock.(It's funny and kid appropriate..not that the latter matters to me, I'm just gonna assume that some of my blog readers are parents). Lastly, the funniest thing to me about rock music is new heavy rock music.  This type of music you'll find present in gyms, long drive competitions(Examine in this clip), and cage fights.  What do all these have in common?  Guys that put muscle mass above everything.(Including family sometimes)
Thats it for rock music, tomorrow probably will finish out the music blogs but I might mix it up.
Thanks for reading
Mckinley

No comments:

Post a Comment