Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Thunder Rolls

I was without power in Plantersville for 7 to 10 hours this afternoon due to a 15 minute hurricane and I'm just now getting back on the internet.  Multiple trees were knocked to the ground in town and with my luck, one just happened to knock the power lines down 50 feet from my house.  With that being said today I will blog about storms. I'm tired so I will make this quick.  On to Good, Bad and Funny.
Storms
  1. Good: Not much good can come from a storm.  But lets think outside the box.  Storms provide us the opportunity to maybe help someone rebuild a house, some people refer to great performances by teams and organizations the "perfect storm"(sad movie by the way), I personally think they are really cool to look at...like this for example(I'm not the guy to chase em around but I don't mind looking at neat cloud formations).
  2. Bad: Plenty of bad can come from a storm. We all remember how Katrina and the recent storms have affected our state and how the Ice Storm in 94' affected us in Lee County.(My Uncle Perry got a t-shirt that said I Survived the Ice Storm...so redneck but I love him to death...more on him later.) Storms are the worst in terms of preparing for outdoor sports.  I will never forget having to put the tarp over the infield of THS Field last summer with only 1 other person(Brandon Saylors) there who knew how to do it.  Another Example is tonight, we(Plantersville United Methodist Pirates...3-1 on the young season might I add) were playing The Orchard in softball for three innings tonight before the game got called on account of lightning.(This really frustrated me among others because I am the type to play in rain, sleet or snow)
  3. Funny: People talk about the weather everyday.  It gets old but man it sure can be funny sometimes.  Here's a monologue I've heard before over breakfast at Shockleys Restaurant, I'll never forget it: Guy One: "Out of all the rain from the storms we got last night, me and Patricia didn't see a drop".  Guy Two: "The hell you say, there was trout fishing on Main Street."  
Link of the Day: Back to Good Ole Uncle Perry. I watch this video for a laugh.  It might not amuse you but just listening to how he says hickory springs tickles me. Uncle Perry after his 18 wheeler was tipped over in a tornado last year
Thats all for today.  I'm trying to build up to a monumental blog topic, so hopefully one day that topic will find me.
Thanks for reading
McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment